Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Bento

I read a lot of interesting things online - especially about food. Since Jordan has become old enough to eat solids I've become more aware of the things we put in our body and adopting healthy eating habits to set a good example for her. We are slowly working on them and making progress.

One idea that has become a huge hit in the past few years is bentos for toddlers. A bento is a small container used for a meal. There are usually multiple compartments and most come in fun shapes, colors or designs. You can read this post for more information.

I've been wanting to do this for Jordan for such a long time, I finally just purchased her first bento box. It is yellow and has a banana design which I knew she would love because she is obsessed with nana's.
You can see form the 2nd picture below that it is two-tiered. It includes some silicone compartments (they look like cupcake wrappers, but are a lot smaller) to keep foods separated. A small condiment cup that has a lid as well as a spoon and fork.
Now I just need to decide what healthy/yummy food I'm going to fill it with...

No comments:

Post a Comment